Oscar O’Connor – Cyber Security and Data Protection
Oscar O’Connor is an experienced international management consultant specialising in cyber security, risk management and technology-driven change. His track record is one of making things happen, usually in aggressive time scales and in complex environments, with large teams of diverse, experienced professionals. Oscar has managed teams of over 500 technical professionals on programmes of up to 3 years duration with budgets of up to £500m. He has experience of working in the UK, USA, Belgium, France, Turkey, Italy and North Africa. An internationally recognised expert on information security, business continuity and technological risk, Oscar has presented papers at conferences, exhibitions and seminars in the UK, the Netherlands, Italy, France and the Middle East.
Oscar has worked in IT since the early 1980s and has specialised in risk management and information security since 1998. He has held senior positions in Computacenter, Dell and Finmeccanica before forming his own consultancy business in 2013.
Currently, Oscar acts as:
- Chief Information Security Officer for TrackBack, a software company specialising in uncovering how quickly and professionally sales leads from vehicle manufacturers are followed-up by dealers;
- Chief Technology Officer and CISO for Bletchley Park Qufaro, a new initiative creating the National College of Cyber Security and an innovation hub based at the iconic Bletchley Park;
- Non-Executive Director for Perspective Risk, a specialist information security testing and assurance consultancy;
- Chief Competition Assessor for the Cyber Security Challenge UK;
- Senior Cyber Security Advisor to NFU Mutual Insurance, Stirling Consultancy, Oxford Joint Analysis and Oxford Information Labs.
Married for the second time with one son and two step-children, in his spare time Oscar enjoys cooking, reading, writing, going to the theatre and watching rugby. He speaks fluent French with basic competence in Italian and German.